Engagment

    For my engagement, I made little informational books and handed them out to the adults and children of my neighborhood. I was thinking of a way I could share the information I learned while researching alcohol abuse. I decided on something creative and pleasing to look at. I made small books telling all about alcoholism, I included the basics of alcohol abuse; why people abuse alcohol, what does it affect, treatment options one has, and the symptoms of alcohol abuse. At the end of the book, I give a handful of resources and foundations they can use to either donate the cause, find treatment/ hotlines, or if they just want to learn more about the addiction. I made around 15 copies of these little informational books, and I handed them out at a birthday in the neighborhood. It made it a bit awkward, everyone looking at my books, so I left very early, but it was completely worth it. Now they have the information if they ever need help with addiction. I also heavily engaged my family and friends into this, this topic was the only thing I talked about for a while, so now they are all very informed on what's up in the world of alcoholics. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHSS "Liberty"

With what party do you most affiliate? VS. Coronavirus-related Issues

Pick Your Poison